Guidelines and Safety Measures for Online classes
27th June, 2020
Dear Parents/ Guardians,
In order to avoid intrusion by outsiders into online classes, we would want your ward to follow the below mentioned guidelines:
1. Do not share the link / class code with anyone outside the class.
2. Each child must enter with the email ID created with their name. No nicknames will be allowed into the class.
3. Video must be on while entering the class, else your ward will be denied entry into the online class. Video may be turned off after teachers’ instruction sometime later to save data for other classes.
4. Teacher and one student will monitor the entry of students in class.
5. All students must upload their updated profile picture in school uniform (except for new admissions).
6. Attendance will be marked and recorded every day before the class begins.
7. Students are not allowed to present or share screens until they obtain permission from their teachers.
8. Students will not send any personal messages through Google Classroom post and Google Meet chat.
9. For any online activities organized by the school, students must be in uniform (unless instructed differently by the teacher in charge).
10. In order to ensure that your Email ID is not hacked, please change your password frequently.
Birla Gyan Mandir
30th May, 2020
Greetings of the day !
At the outset let me thank you for your acknowledgement of our payment of the school fees! Children are a priority always and school education for them is the best we can offer them.
I appreciate the efforts taken by Your teachers to suddenly switch over to a different mode of teaching! I salute their endeavours to communicate in spite of various difficulties, sometimes due to insufficient gears and sometimes network problems. As a parent it was a learning for me to suddenly adapt my ward to a technically updated system, stay away and watch her grow with her teachers guidance. It gives a big relief now that we are able to communicate very well teaming with the teachers to help her learn more.
Now as the lock down is lifted except for schools and colleges, it will be appreciated if you keep your online classes at least once a day , as the children are still confined indoors and seeing friends and teachers (some of them are her favourite) will keep her chin up instead of getting depressed and lonely.
Unfortunately the extracurricular activity classes (e.g Yoga in PT class) had a bit of difficulty and I was looking forward to getting these class videos uploaded in google classroom for a regular practice. Exercise evades many physical shortfalls!
I must admit that the beautiful videos uploaded on extra curricular activities like fun activities, yoga for kids , dance etc, which were posted before the online class started have been very well adapted and is regularly practised for last 2 months. So if online classes are not there, there should be some activity for them to do in google class, is my request.
I am very happy to see the great bond between my ward and her teachers, and appreciate their patience and tolerance of the parents interference sometimes.
Together we will definitely see a new dawn !
Wishing safety for all!
Warm Regards !
Dr Sudipta Mitra
Mother of Anshumitra Biswas, class 3 B
30th May, 2020
We had announced on 10th January 2020 that there would be no hike in fees for the year 2020-2021. We further reiterated the same through our circular dated 12th May 2020. Apart from freezing that there shall be no increase in fee, we had proactively announced reduction of the amount in certain components of the fees in the month of April, May and June. Keeping in view the protracted hardships in the current scenario we have decided to announce a second round of further reductions for the fee payable for July, August, September.
1. There will be a reduction of Rs 600 per month for (July, August, September) 2020, for classes Pre-Nursery to VIII.
2. No bus fees will be charged for (July, August, September) to existing bus students who have paid the bus fees for (April, May, June).
With best regards
For Birla Gyan Mandir
13th May, 2020
Dear Parent / Guardian,
Hope you and your family are safe and healthy as you read this letter. Our sincere thanks for your patience and understanding. We are extremely appreciative of our students and parents for their positivity, flexibility and resilience during these difficult times.
Our goal is to provide continuous education. Our teachers are regularly taking classes and activities online. Under the prevailing circumstances we need to meet the standards of teaching and continue to provide deliverables to our students like every year.
We extend our consideration to the parent fraternity during these trying times. Please note that there has been no increase in fees for the session 2020-21. Keeping in mind the present circumstances the management has decided to administer some measure which is as under.
1. 50 % bus fees will be charged for April, May, June
Mode of Payment of fees : Payment through online mode : ( ICICI Bank )) Birla Gyan Mandir, Account Number 161601000360 : IFSC Code - ICIC0002414 : Branch Bansberia
The details of the fees will be sent to you in a separate circular.
Stay strong! Stay healthy!
For Birla Gyan Mandir